Monday, April 6, 2009

Adventures in Ticket Buying

This morning U2 tickets went on sale for their D.C. date. Luckily, it's my spring break, so I wasn't at work. I had two computers going at the same time to compare ticket availability. Totally awesome. The first set of tickets that came up were 3rd row, lower level, directly behind the stage. Seriously, these would have been maybe 20 yards back from the band. BUTTTT, they were directly behind the stage. And I don't care what they say about this tour being "in the round." When the stage is set in one endzone and 3/4 of your audience is on the other side, they're going to be playing to that side of the stage. So I dumped my tickets to try for another. (BTW, those were $95 each and we're not really able to afford that anyway). Needless to say, next time around the "best available" tickets were at the opposite end of the field. I'm definitely not paying $200 to be at the other end.

Meanwhile, I was searching for the $55 level tickets on the other computer. They brought back a couple, but both times the sections were lined up where the pegs of the stage canopy. If you check out the stage mockup at U2 360 you can see that at four points around the stage, the view is going to be blocked by the stage. So I kept dumping them waiting for better seats. Sold out. Dang.

So I start checking the upper level, $30 seats on both computers. After a couple of tries, I get seats directly adjacent to the stage. Awesome. Nothing in the way, pretty high up, but right next to the stage. Plus, they were only $30. That's really awesome. Those are cheaper than my Depeche Mode tickets I bought a few weeks ago.



We're sitting in section 426. All for less than $100, even with all of the service charges. That's pretty damn cheap for a big stadium rock show. With tickets that cheap, I might be able to justify seeing them again when they come back to North America. Rumor is they will be playing Ravens Stadium in Baltimore, so we won't even have to drive to D.C. Katie is stoked! (@)

p.s. We get Muse as our opening act. Easily the best of the proposed openers. Snow Patrol would be cool, but I don't care too much for Glasvegas, and I fucking loathe the Black Eyed Peas...sorry Josh (@)

9 comments:

Josh said...

They sold out the Rose Bowl here in record time.

Adam said...

Lots of Black Eyed Peas fans in southern California, dude.

Josh said...

Also, you post makes it look to everyone like I love the Black Eyed Peas. Let me state for the record that I hate them for than almost any other band on the planet.

Adam said...

You love Will.I.Am. And Fergi. And the Apache Chief. And that other dude. Hey everyone, Josh LOVES the Black Eyed Peas, he told me so.

Josh said...

You blow goats...I have proof

Adam said...

Josh loves Fergie...I have proof. Josh likes his women like he likes his daughter...with pee stained pants.

I HAVE PROOF!

Josh said...

Chase actually pees herself less than Fergie

Zac Crain said...

I'm glad we can finally talk about how much Josh digs the Black Eyed Peas. The secret had been weighing on me for some time.

Josh said...

I hate the both of you